- Welcome to Day 2 of our Fasting and Prayers for the month of March.
Yesterday, we talked and prayed about brazen heavens and earth like iron.
We spent some time in repentance for our land and we extended this prayer to include geographical areas like our country, boroughs, neighbourhood, family, home, business, church and ministry).
We humbled ourselves before God, and claimed His promise of healing and restoration in response to our prayers.
For Day 2 of our Fasting and Prayers, our prayer focus today, will be on Open Heavens; we are literally taking our prayers up some notches today.
What Happens When The Heavens Are Open?
Let's look at a few scriptures to examine this question and lay a foundation for our prayers.
Affirmation of sonship / inheritance — Matthew 3:13-16
- Divine Instructions — Acts 9:1-6, Acts 10:9-10
- Rain — Gen 7:11-12; James 5:17-18
- Vision — Eze 1:1; Rev 4:1-2
"1In the thirtieth year, on the fifth day of the fourth month, while I was among the exiles at the Kebar River, the heavens opened and I saw a divine vision."
- A Promise of breakthrough - John 1:50-51
10"Bring the entire tithe into the storehouse so that there may be food in my temple. Test me in this matter,“ says the LORD who rules over all, "to see if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until there is no room for it all.
He saw a connection between heaven and earth.
He saw a ladder or stairway erected on the earth with the top reaching to heaven
Every time the heavens are open, there will always be a connection between heaven and earth.
- God spoke to him and made him a promise:
"He said, "I am the LORD, the God of your grandfather Abraham and the God of your father Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the ground you are lying on. 14Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west, east, north, and south. All the families of the earth will pronounce blessings on one another using your name and that of your descendants. 15I am with you! I will protect you wherever you go and will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I promised you!” Gen 28:13-15
Let's take a moment to look at God's promise to Jacob and then Jacob's Declaration:
GOD'S PROMISE TO JACOB
- - It was a promise of divine inheritance
- - A promise of fruitfulness
- - A promise of multiplication and expansion
- - A promise of honour and influence
- - A promise of God's presence
- - A promise of God's protection
- - A promise of God's direction and guidance
16Then Jacob woke up and thought, “Surely the LORD is in this place, but I did not realize it!” 17He was afraid and said, “What an awesome place this is! This is nothing else than the house of God! This is the gate of heaven!”
In the place where the sun had set; in the same place where all he had for a pillow to rest his weary head was a stone!
God changed Jacob's confession!
Jacob understood by revelation, that an access - a gateway to the very throne room of God had been opened to Him. That is what happens when the heavens become open onto you!
It is time for you to change your confession about where you are, how things have been with you — maybe you have been crying and saying you are in a bad place. Your confession changes this very moment in the mighty Name of Jesus!
Declare it now by faith - What an awesome place this is.
- - First, we are going to go over the scriptures quoted above in the section detailing what happens when the heavens are opened, and use them to set our expectations. (Revelation, vision, divine instructions, provisions, blessings).
- - Use the details of God's promise to Jacob listed above, to petition God for your own breakthrough.
- - Use Jacob's declarations to change your confession about where you are - This is an awesome place; this is nothing else but the gate of heaven.
- - Declare open heavens over your life, your home, your family, business, ministry, church and destiny in the Name of Jesus.
- - Finally, we will pray another prayer point before we round up our prayers for today:
It is a prayer for the Restoration of God's Grace and Favour in our lives.
Psalm 68:9-10 —"O God, you cause abundant showers to fall on your chosen people. When they are tired, you sustain them,for you live among them.“
You sustain the oppressed with your good blessings, O God.”
Send rain on my dry land; Let the rain of your mercy come down through open heavens and let the earth be softened by your mercy and cause it to yield its increase unto me.
Go and prosper in Jesus' Name,
Pastor Wale Ola