Scripture Reading — Proverbs 24:3-4; Proverbs 4:7
As we get on the home stretch of our fasting and prayers, we will be doing some quiet contemplation today.
A common indictment against Christians by people of thought, is that a great many believers do a lot of praying, but very little planning.
We prophesy and declare, but we do not spend enough time actually waiting on God for, and receiving the strategies to realise our vision / dream.
With the advent of every new year, we are sometimes caught in the “naming the year” loop, where our focus is on receiving a new word for the new year and giving a name to the new ŷear, to define what we believe that God is going to do in that year.
Child of God, what happened to the word that God spoke to you concerning the outgoing year, and the previous year, and the ŷears before that?
Have you laid hold of all the promises that were due to you in those seasons?
God would have you take stock today —
• What did God speak to you this year when 2017 began?
- • Where did you set out to go?
- • What did you set out to accomplish?
- • Where are you right now?
- • What Is still outstanding?
- • What is not in line with what God spoke?
- • What can you do (as far as in you lies) towards realising that vision?
- •What plans do you have in place to accomplish that “financial breakthrough” that you have been believing God for; are you just believing for a miracle or are you also believing God for the wisdom and specific strategies to realise the dream? (The two are not mutually exclusive!)
- • Have you just been praying and “believing” God for a job or promotion that you are not qualified for, or are you actively believing Him for the strategies, the things that you can actually do to position yourself for the breakthrough?
- • Have you just been believing God for “supernatural weight loss”, or are you waiting on Him to inspire a practical course of action of healthy living / lifestyle changes that will be appropriate and successful for you?
Begin by asking the question — Lord, what will do have me do?
As we prepare and meditate on our list in response to the above questions, our prayer Focus today will be to pray to God for:
- • Skilful, godly Wisdom
- • Understanding
- • Strategies for the coming year and the present season of your life to prosper and walk in victory.
Pastor Wale Ola